MEAD ROAD INFANT SCHOOL PE & SCHOOL SPORTS PREMIUM GOVERNMENT FUNDING OVERVIEW
The government in England continues to allocate the PE & School Sports Premium (PESS) to all state sector primary teaching establishments to enhance the quality and provision of Physical Education; Physical Activity and Sport.
It is our firm belief that active healthy active lifestyles are crucial to children’s all-round development through their contribution to physical; mental; emotional; cognitive; social; moral; cultural and spiritual wellbeing. The Premium will not only be used to develop both pupils’ access to and enjoyment of physical activity but will also be used as a positive learning tool to encourage active learning opportunities across the wider curriculum. The school will also work upon the opportunity to expand activity ideas to the home environment whilst also embracing cross-curricular links with the local community.
With the premium, we are committed to following recommended and statuary guidelines as well as employing the DfE vision statement for the national Primary Physical Education & School Sport Strategy:
‘ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them with a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.’
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE; Physical Activity and Sport at School through:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and Sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and Sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport
- A Simple Guide to National Curriculum Progression in Physical Education Web
- Definitions of Physical Education School Sport and Physical Activity
- Evidencing the Impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium Mead Road 2020 2021
- Evidencing the Impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium Template July 2021 Final
- Head Hands Heart Web
- Importance of PE Leaflet FINAL
- Importance of PE Poster FINAL
- infographic physical activity for disabled children and disabled young people
- Mead Road Local Community Sport Club Links
- Outcomes Poster 2019 Final
- physical activity for adults and older adults
- physical activity for children and young people 5 to 18 years
- physical activity for early years birth to 5
- PIE 5 8
- Sports Grant 2019
PE and Sport Grant
Following the London 2012 Olympic Games and an Ofsted investigation into the quality of Primary PE & Sports (PESS) provision within the state sector nationally, the Government made the decision to apportion funding to address Active Healthy Lifestyles within the State Primary education system.
Please click the links below for information on how we have spent our Sports Grant in previous years:
Community Sports Providers within our local area
Please see below for a list of local providers of active and sports related activities in our local community: